Friday, October 16, 2009

Twice a year, whether I need it or not!

Wow, it has already been six months since I created this blog. I guess it's about time to add some more! Twice per year is probably about the same a not having a blog! :)

I have been super busy in college and recently had to take a computer class. Now I think I might be capable of adding some pictures to this blog. I'm going to give it a try, so stay tuned!

New update on our big, phat, crazy, loud, fun, supportive, eternal, mormon family is:

Candice is getting married tonight!!!!!! We are so excited for you, sweetie! She is marrying Steve Payton, from Pahrump. He is fun, easygoing, smart, hardworking, talented and perfect for her! Best of all, we feel we know him, love him, have a history with him, know he comes from a great family, (Hi Joe and Linda!) and don't have to worry that our family will overwhelm him. He knows us already so he must be willing to take a chance on us!!! Thanks Steve! :)
We wish like crazy we could be there but Missouris is just not in the budget for now. Good luck guys!

Mike has had to shut down our construction company. There is just not enough work out there to bid right now. He will put his license on inactive status and try again later. For now he is collecting unemployment, (Thanks to our CPA, Adam Beesley, we paid Mike as an employee so he qualifies for unemployment) He is job hunting like crazy and that is always so much fun!

I have been taking on as many extra shifts as a CNA as I can. I love my job! I work at a rehab facility where people go after they have surgery or just need help recuperating from illness. We focus on physical therapy and as a CNA I help the residents with all their activities of daily living, i.e. dressing, eating, bathing, or whatever. I get to watch the nurses do things like take out the catheters, change dressings, remove staples from incisions, etc. I love it and can hardly wait until I am a nurse!

Today is Addisyn's special day at school. I get to go to her class and tell them all about her and share treats, etc. She is a special girl so HAPPY SPECIAL DAY, ADDI!!!!!

Brittnee is doing well in fourth grade and her reading skills are improving steadily. She continues to be a math whiz like her Dad, and they enjoy playing chess together.

Dani and Preston will finally be adopted on October 20. Can you believe it has taken this long? Talk about beauracratic red tape. She is four and a half and he is three and a half and I think it is crazy that it has taken so long to get this done. We are so excited for this big day. We will be choosing a day to go to the temple soon to have them sealed to us. They are in headstart and doing very well!

This brings us to Samantha who is now living in Iowa with Brandi and Bruce and Nathan. She needed a change of scenery to get her life on track and she is doing very well. She is taking some college prep classes in high school (english) and is also taking a CNA class. She has already been hired part time as a CNA in a nursing home and will get her certification soon. I am so proud of her. I know first hand what a tough job that is and she is doing very well with it. Brandi and Bruce, thanks for helping out. This is such a great example of what familyis all about!!!!!

1 comment: